MOUNT KISCO, N.Y. (AP) — A customer has filed a lawsuit against fast casual chain Chopt over a salad he says contained a piece of a manager's finger.
The lawsuit filed Monday by Allison Causey of Greenwich, Connecticut, alleges that she purchased a salad at a Chopt location in Mount Kisco, New York, on April 7, 2023, and while eating it, realized that “she was eating a portion of the salad.” Was chewing.” “The human finger that was mixed into a salad and made part of it.”
According to the lawsuit, a manager at the restaurant accidentally cut off a piece of his left index finger while cutting arugula.
The manager went to the hospital but contaminated arugula, including cozi, was served to customers, the lawsuit says.
Westchester County Health Department records show Chopt was fined $900.
Kozi said in the lawsuit that he suffered injuries including shock, panic attacks, migraines, cognitive impairment, nausea, dizziness and neck and shoulder pain as a result of eating the contaminated lettuce.
She is seeking unspecified monetary damages.
An email seeking comment was sent to Chopped Creative Salad Company, a chain with more than 70 locations across the eastern United States.
Kozi's attorney said Tuesday she did not wish to comment further.
Copyright 2023 The associated Press, All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.