Dolphins receiver Tyreek Hill’s home fire started by child playing with cigarette lighter


“It was an accidental fire,” Davie Fire Marshal Robert Taylor told The Associated Press. He did not disclose the age of the child or the extent of the damage caused by the fire. Taylor said the investigation is now closed.

Hill was at the Dolphins’ practice for the upcoming regular season finale against the Buffalo Bills when the fire occurred. When he received news of the fire he left practice.

The home is located in Southwest Ranches, about 30 miles northwest of Miami.

Miami television station WSVN showed large amounts of black smoke billowing from the roof of the home as firefighters extinguished it with water.

political cartoon

Hill’s agent Drew Rosenhaus told reporters Wednesday that some family members were home at the time of the fire.

“He and his family are safe,” Rosenhaus said. “No one was injured No. 1, no pets, so for that, we’re very grateful. We are very grateful to the firefighters who extinguished the fire. Thankfully the fire was confined to a limited area of ​​the house. Obviously, smoke and water will cause some damage. Obviously having your house on fire is very difficult for anyone, but Tyreek, he and his family, were handling it as calmly as you could hope for.

Copyright 2024 The associated Press, All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.


Source link

Leave a Comment